Joining the ThermoGenesis Team!
Explore the exciting career paths at ThermoGenesis. Making a difference in the million of lives begins with being a part of a team. We offer competitive benefits and opportunities to achieve your full potential with growth-driven training and development.
POSITION: Scientist I – Cell Processing
DEPARTMENT: Scientific Affairs
POSTING DATE: December 15, 2020
ThermoGenesis is currently seeking a Scientist I responsible for designing, optimizing and executing scientific protocols, data analysis, and writing and submitting final reports in addition to providing scientific support and training. Local candidates are preferred as there is no relocation package for this position
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute laboratory experiments, tests and studies (studies) in support of new product development.
- Use cell separation technologies to conduct cell isolation and preparation from blood, bone marrow, apheresis products and other tissues in accordance with approved workflow and safety protocols.
- Perform flow cytometry.
- Provide competent analysis and input to assist in development of new technologies and products.
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures.
- Instrument set-up and preparations, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation.
- Assist in training of new hires.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evening hours as needed.
- Prepare written reports and, as requested, PowerPoint slides of the study outcomes. Review outcomes and findings with Scientific Affairs management.
- Adhere to procedures, instructions, and policies in compliance with GLP and cGTPs.
- Collaborate with other teams in order to improve product and work-flow practices.
- With assistance of corporate quality management, maintain calibration currency of identified laboratory instrumentation and manage maintenance and upkeep of all laboratory instrumentation.
Ideal Educational Requirements and Experience
- B.Sc. in a biological sciences with at least 5 years of professional experience (ideally MS). Specific area(s) of experience should include laboratory experience in cell processing and analysis of immune, stem and progenitor cells.
- A background in immunology and/or cell therapy is preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell characterization techniques (Sysmex XE2100 cell analyzer or its equivalent) are highly desired.
- Mammalian cell culture experience, experience working with PBMC’s a plus.
- Experience in safe manipulation of samples derived from blood, adipose, bone marrow and other tissues in accordance with AABB and corporate protocols.
- Experience with aseptic techniques is required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Highly detail oriented with special attention to quality.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously ; able to prioritize.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, curiosity to learn and contribute in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly tolerant and respectful of all members of our team.
- Strong problem-solving skills with desire to improve upon established processes.
POSITION: Sr. Director of Scientific Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Scientific Affairs
POSTING DATE: October 29, 2019
This position will be responsible for designing and executing laboratory studies to support the development and performance validation of ThermoGenesis products that Automate the Manufacture and cryopreservation of target cell populations including Genetically Engineered Autologous Cells for Clinical Use.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing all laboratory staff
- Designing R&D studies and performing in-vitro and in-vivo bench experiments to develop clinical protocols
- Validation of biological elements of developed clinical protocols
- Train and transfer the clinical protocols to clinical teams
- Improve existing protocols and procedures for X-Series devices and CART-Xpress platform products
- Review literature and prepare meta-analysis to support research and clinical trial programs
- Review internal protocols and reports to support clinical R&D projects
- Adhere to procedures, instructions and policies in compliance with GLP and cGTPs.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts, white papers and posters to publish in peer-reviewed journals and support marketing activities.
- Ph.D. in life sciences with at least 5-8 years of professional experience. Targeted areas of research should include bioactivity analysis of stem, progenitor or therapeutic cell(s), identification of surrogate markers for cell target bioactivity, understanding of on-target and off target implications of therapeutics under research, cell analysis experience should include culture techniques such as cell isolation, characterization, culture and maintenance, bioactivity assays, genetic stability testing, potency and viability assays
- Cell analysis techniques: including advanced flow-cytometry, hemocytometry, and immunofluorescence
- Experience with assay development is also highly desired
- Experience translating bench top experiments into early phase human clinical studies
- Must be able to review scientific databases and accumulate information on relevant clinical trial programs
- Knowledge of intellectual property development is highly desirable
- Experience in preparation of grant applications and technical reports is desirable
- Must be able to professionally represent the company at national and international scientific conferences, meetings and customer sites.
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
POSTING DATE: December 22, 2020
Position Summary: ThermoGenesis is looking for a local candidate who under general supervision coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, parts and supplies by preparing purchase orders or quote requests, reviewing requisitions, and maintaining procurement records. Responsible for all duties related to purchase order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking. Interacts with suppliers, to maintain optimal pricing and on time delivery. Will exercise a degree of independence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Purchase MRO materials and other Non-Inventory requisitioned materials.
- Facilitate return of discrepant material to assigned suppliers and communication of non-conformances.
- Procure materials using the ERP system/Master Schedule to support established production plan and minimize material shortages
- Manage and plan purchased parts and launch PO’s as necessary, ensure timely supplier delivery of ordered parts and resolve issues related to parts & suppliers.
- Maintain accurate supplier files and associated Vantage ERP information.
- Ability and desire to multitask and prioritize multiple duties and deadlines
- Ability to follow through with minimal direction
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications and Skills
- AA/AS or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience working within purchasing as Buyer in ISO-9001 or ISO-13485 registered manufacturing company.
- Has knowledge of commonly used practices, procedures used in planning and purchasing activities.
- Familiarity with utilizing automated ERP systems and databases.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to communicate effectively in English and follow written procedures.
- Basic understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to plan and multitask effectively.